Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to use the information in our letter as a template for your letter.
Dear Honorable Mayor and City Council:
I understand you are in the review process of the Agoura Village Specific Plan. The location of the planned development is adjacent to the natural habitat where wildlife is abundant. The use of rodent poisons in this area will negatively impact our wildlife. The current plan does not include information on rodent-prevention methods.
I ask that you include in the Agoura Village Specific Plan information about clean sanitation, alternatives to rodent poisons, and practices that are not conducive to attracting rodents.
Below are suggestions for the Agoura Village Specific Plan:
- Ensure dumpster and recycling areas are clean at all times
- Place 24/7 locks on dumpsters for containing trash
- Safeguard recycling and dumpster areas to block unauthorized access
- Initiate training for staff on rodent-prevention practices
- Utilize options such as owl boxes or raptor poles as natural alternatives to traps
- Assure greaser areas are monitored and cleaned
- Plant repellant plants such as mint, lavender, rosemary, sage, marigolds, snapdragons, or geraniums
- For new construction establish mandatory final inspections fo buildings to ensure closure of possible access points
- Require regular cleaning of parking lots
- Refrain from planting non-native fruit trees such as palm trees or fig trees
I appreciate your opposition to the sale and use of rodenticides, as noted in
RESOLUTION NO. 14-1742.
I look forward to the day when we no longer have to worry about the dangers rodent poisons pose to our wildlife, domestic pets, and children in Agoura Hills.